- Vehicle Look-Up
- CHEVROLET / GMC
- 3/4 & 1 TON PICKUP 4WD
- 2001-2010 K2500 HD
- 01-10 Chevy HD Recoil Traction Bar Mounting Kit
Have a question about this product? Call us at 1-800-661-6679 or email email@example.com.
BDS Suspension's revolutionary spring loaded, full-floating RECOIL traction bar system is engineered to improve traction and limit axle wrap without limiting suspension travel or decreasing ride quality. BDS RECOIL traction bars offer you the freedom to tune the spring tension for optimal performance on-road, off-road, towing, or competition pulling. These traction bars can be used on stock height or lifted trucks and work with both lift blocks and replacement leaf spring kits.
BDS RECOIL traction bars are built to the highest standards for the ultimate performance on and off-road. The bars are fabricated from 2" OD x 3/16" wall steel tubing with a threaded bung welded in toward the axle and a CNC machined end at the frame. The axle mount uses the tried and true BDS large forged flex end and jam nut to take whatever abuse you throw at it. BDS forged flex ends use a forged housing with large 1-1/4" -12 threaded shank, single sided snap ring and 1-piece flex ball for up to 15-degrees of misalignment in either direction. At the frame end the bar uses a durometer specific polyurethane bushing installed that free floats in the traction bar utilizing dual stage internal compression springs and UHMW polyurethane bearings. Both ends are greaseable and rebuildable. Fully assembled the RECOIL traction bars are 60" long and mount to the vehicle using fabricated 1/4" steel brackets. Bracket kits are vehicle specific. The frame brackets install by drilling mounting holes for the brackets while the axle brackets install using a set of u-bolts. The traction bars and mounting brackets use a durable gloss black powdercoat finish.
These new RECOIL traction bars are built to the highest standards featuring quick and easy adjustment while installed on the vehicle. To adjust spring tension, use the supplied spanner wrenches at the axle to loosen the jam nut. From there the main bar can be rotated to load or unload the springs at the frame side of the bar. Using the concave end of the wrench handle against the frame end check the location of the end of the main bar in relation to the notches on the wrench to verify the load on the springs, the shorter the distance the more loaded the springs are. Repeat this process on the other traction bar and use the wrenches to tighten down the jam nuts and you are ready to go!
Join the revolution with the next generation RECOIL traction bars from BDS Suspension.
- Adjustable axle wrap control utilizing dual-stage resistance springs
- Full floating traction bar design will not bind throughout the full range of wheel travel and/or hinder suspension articulation.
- Does not adversely affect ride quality when springs - particularly when resistance springs are adjusted to still be active.
- Spring preload can be adjusted on the vehicle without disassembling the traction bar
- Adjustments can be made for optimum performance over a wide range of uses/terrain. (On Road - Unloaded, Towing/Hauling, Off-Road, Competition pulling)
- Traction bar ends are greaseable and rebuildable
- Mounting brackets are bolt-on, only requiring minor drilling for frame mount installation.
- Fits 0-6" of rear lift
- Fits SRW & DRW
- Will NOT fit regular cab models